I don’t know about you but I am getting seriously overwhelmed with the amount of ‘Make 2015 your best year‘ and ‘Time to your get plan on‘ emails in my inbox right now.
I totally recognise the important of planning but I think you CAN have too much of a good thing and if at the end of it all you are paralysed into NOT taking action, then that is not good!
As I reflect on 2014, it has been a life changing year in more ways than one; new baby, new course, new connections, new coach.
It has been a year of learning. Learning about myself, learning how to run a business, learning about boundaries and priorities, picking myself up after making mistakes – the list goes on.
One of my major lessons this year has been around mindset and how by changing what you think about and what you focus on, you are able to completely change your course of destiny.
This year I turned 30 and as I reflected on some areas of my life, I realised that they were not where I wanted them to be. But the difference this time was that the penny dropped, and I was reminded that it is me who is the architect of my life, nobody else. Don’t like something, change it.
So next year you will see changes.
My business is changing, the work I do is changing, heck what I write about will be changing as I get more and more focused about the things I love doing and how I can serve you better.
And the amazing thing – I am so excited about it all. More details will come as they start to evolve.
So as you round up this year and get ready to move into the next, here are my 7 personal tips to help you succeed.
1. Reflect on this year with an attitude of gratitude and take stock of your wins, your losses and your learns. Decide now to only focus on doing things that light you up inside and ditch the things that don’t
2. Looking into next year, decide what success looks like for you. Not everyone is after a 6 figure business. I have a very clear idea of what success looks like for me and my family (think 3-4 day weeks, regular downtime and the freedom to work wherever and whenever + a good regular income of course!)
3. Make a plan (using whatever method works for you) and break it down into what you need to do each month
4. Commit to doing whatever it takes to achieve your goals. Daily action is so important. Bought a course? DO.THE.WORK.
5. Decide that YOU are important and make investments in yourself and business, whether it be a course, a coach or even a book
6. Surround yourself with like minded people who will support and cheer you on
7. Believe you can do it! I have taken my affirmations and mantras and created screensavers for my phone, written them in my notebooks and put in prominent places so that I don’t forget and I am reminded every day.
So here is to change, making plans and to rewriting our life stories.